Sunday, February 7, 2010

Here's Some Dog Sh*t!

I like learning about animals from as many different sources as I possibly can. Now I know that many people in the animal behavior world are not fond of Cesar Millan (I know this because I've gotten in many arguments about him with classmates) but even if you don't entirely agree with the man's methods, you have to admit he has a way with dogs. I've seen him in person... he's just got a way about him in general. I once sent an email to the website (I don't remember why) and that placed me on his email list, so every Sunday I get a newsletter from The Dog Whisperer with all sorts of stories and tips. Well wouldn't you know it, this weekend the newsletter was all about dog emotions! It's like he read my last blog and decided to chime in with his two cents!

Not really, but I thought the timing was nice, so here's a little snippet from his email that I felt was appropriate to the situation:
There's no doubt in my mind that dogs have emotions. They feel joy after a job well done. They feel sad when a pack member passes away. And they feel love for their family members – their pack.
However, it's important to remember that those emotions are different from our own. The feelings that dogs experience aren't connected to complex thoughts. They don't have ulterior motives or doubt. Their emotions are pure and honest. Your dog isn't lying to you when he communicates that he loves you.
So there you have it, The Dog Whisperer himself doesn't think dogs are capable of spite, because it requires an ulterior motive. So I suppose my pooping pooch is just desperately trying to spend more time outside by holding it in as long as possible. I'm hoping that this means that once he's back to his regular hour-long walks with plenty of play time, his poo habits will return to normal!

I know you all are just thrilled to read yet another post about the bowel movements of my dogs, but hey. I write about what I know. And apparently, I know shit.

(Just for, well, shits and giggles, this site also seems to know a LOT about poop... The Poop Report is an hysterical website my friends at the shelter and I stumbled across the other day. Don't worry, it's SFW, just kinda gross.)

No comments:

Post a Comment